Mar 4, 2012

uncle

dear uncle Tom...

can't I change the light on my room? because everything seems too bright to me. I don't want to have this vivid environment. it makes me dream strangely on and on. make it darker. I'd like to know what the shadow thinks about me. what it looks to create a dinosaurs by my hands shadow. do I look scared of it? I hope I don't, because I've grown up. I'm now 12 y.o, and I know santa claus isn't real! mom made me think it's real.
uncle, will I be scared? I'm curious. not because I'm scared, but because I want to know what makes me scared. can I handle it? I need to understand that feeling. just like what mom had felt when tornado came along our ranch. she was crying and kept holding my hand. well, it was 5 years ago. last time I asked her what it felt to be scared, she looked me in the eyes and shook.
uncle, teach me how to shoot. I'm a kinda of admiring your gun. would you please give me that gun in my next birthday as a gift? I want to protect mom and conquered my fear!

soon after you get this letter, please come and visit us.

I miss you like forever.

sincerely,
Jess

No comments: